Posted on | May 28, 2014 | No Comments
I’ve recently had a friend diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She is in her early 40’s, strong, fit, active, healthy, normal body weight – the exact opposite of what you presume an unhealthy person should be – which shows you that cancer really isn’t that selective. It can happen to any one of us.
Naturally, these kind of events make you reflect upon your own health.
Since hearing of the news of my friend I’ve asked myself all of these:
- Diet: Am I eating as healthy as possible, eating less toxins (not that I have any idea if food is linked to cancer – but I guess it has to help in some way), eating natural, unmodified foods …
- Exercise: Am I really taking care of my body as best as I should ….
- Health Insurance: If I fell sick tomorrow, do I have adequate cover …
- Life, Love & Family: Do I have my priorities in place ….
- Self Detection & Screening: Am I taking regular steps in detecting any breast irregularities ….
For the most part, everything could be improved. But the thing I do the least (actually never) is self screening.
So…. for the benefit of myself & anyone who is reading (Females and Males) here is how you conduct a Breast Self Examination: