Posted on | November 29, 2016 | No Comments
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 limes (juiced) (Note: leave 1 lime for the salsa)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (save some coriander for the salsa)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pineapple (diced – approximately 2 cups)
- 1 avocado (if it isn’t crazy expensive)
- 1/2 red onion (diced fine)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper (to taste)
What to serve this with:
Brown Rice / Red Rice / Cous Cous
- Place marinate ingredients into a covered bowl (chicken, lime juice of 3 limes, pepper, coriander). Leave for 1 – 2 hours if you can.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (if you prefer grill cook in a pan you can, however use as little oil as possible)
- Place chicken into a baking tray and put into the oven for 18-25 minutes (test the chicken to ensure no pink inside)
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the salsa
- Salsa: Pineapple, honey, avocado, red onion, juice of 1 lime, vinegar, coriander, pepper.
- Make sure the rice or cous cous (whatever you choose) is also prepared while the chicken is baking
How to serve:
The portions on the plate should look similar to the photo below.
- 1/2 the plate with green leafy vegetables (or fruit) (in this case salsa)
- 1/4 wholegrains (about the size of your clenched fist)
- 1/4 lean protein (in this case chicken – about the size of your palm)
Serves: 4 adults