Posted on | November 29, 2016 | No Comments
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Coriander (optional garnish)
What to serve this with:
- Brown Rice / Red Rice
- Green leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, beans etc)
Tips: if you are sharing this with little ones who don’t eat rice, you an replace the rice with wholemeal pasta
- Place ingredients into a covered bowl to marinate (chicken, lime juice, honey, garlic, turmeric, ginger). Leave for 1 – 2 hours if you can.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (if you prefer to cook in a pan you can, however use as little oil as possible)
- Place chicken into a baking tray and put into the oven for 18-25 minutes (test the chicken to ensure no pink inside)
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice and vegetables.
- Serve the meal topped with coriander for flavor (or extra lime if you have it)
Note: Throw away the marinade – DO NOT serve as a sauce as it has uncooked chicken in it.
How to serve:
The portions on the plate should look similar to the photo below.
- 1/2 the plate with green leafy vegetables (or fruit)
- 1/4 wholegrains (in this case rice – about the size of your clenched fist)
- 1/4 lean protein (in this case chicken – about the size of your palm)