Posted on | February 23, 2010 | No Comments
Throughout the day we unknowingly take in alot of calories & sugar through the drinks we consume. One of my personal habits is enjoying Latte’s or flat whites every day…. I keep it to only 1 per day about 4 days per week but for others enjoying more than that you could be “drinking yourself to weight gain”.
Did you know that the average milk based coffee has approximately 140 calories (if you add sugar that’s even more) – so that certainly does add up. Based on energy requirements for women being 1200 calories / day and men at 1500 calories / day it certainly can add up if you are a coffee addict. Not to mention all the other fluids consumed throughout the day with unneeded calories such as sodas and juices.
If you can’t do without your caffeine fix – try swapping the milky coffee’s for tea as it has just as much caffeine as tea does with only about 2 calories per cup (without sugar)
It will certainly make a difference.
Other Nutrition Facts on Drinks:
- Soda: 120+ Calories (has 10+ teaspoons sugar)
- Juice: 140+ Calories per glass (has 8+ teaspoons sugar)
- Red Wine: 110 Calories per glass
- Beer: 140 calories per bottle
- 30ml Vodka: 60 Calories
- Iced Lemon Tea: 110 Calories per can
- Red Bull: 160 calories per can
- Ribena: 190 Calories
- Hot Chocolate: 200 Calories
- Milkshake: 300 Calories
- Gloria Jeans Caramel Latte: 245 Calories
- Gloria Jeans Iced Chocolate: 470 Calories
- Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino: 390 Calories
- Starbucks Espresso: 5 Calories