Posted on | December 10, 2016 | No Comments
Sometimes we all need to play a few mind games to have a win (no I’m not talking about hypnosis). You can try some of these tips to trick yourself into eating less.
- Use a smaller plate: Research has discovered that people serve themselves less when using smaller bowls or plates. Less food = less calories. (Study: Journal of consumer research, 2012)
- Use different coloured plates to food: Research found that if you could easily see your food, you served yourself less. The bigger the contrast in colour, the lighter the portion. Below: White plate has smaller portion that red
- Make your eating utensils hard to use: Either swap your knife & fork into the other hand or use chop sticks – a sure fire way to slow you down
- Cut food into smaller pieces: this tricks our brain into thinking we are eating more than we are.
- Don’t eat while distracted: Never eat in front of the TV / computer or doing anything else distracting. Eat mindfully & enjoy each bite.
- Keep food out of sight: Convenience & visibility = munch, munch, munch
- Put your utensils down between bites: This helps you eat slowly (try to stop eating when you feel comfortably full
- Pack your own: Most things you pack for yourself have less calories and other bad stuff compared to when you eat out.
- Don’t keep junk in your house: If it’s not there, you can’t eat it. Simple as that.
- Have a glass of water first: A glass of water is sometimes all you need to stave off hunger.
Warning: fopen(./.ips1.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/healthgu/public_html/wp-content/themes/elements-of-seo/footer.php on line 2