Posted on | April 4, 2014 | No Comments
One of my friends recommended I try these breakfasts as a healthy, nutritious and time efficient meal. I agree completely!
- Rolled Oats (not instant or steel cut)
- Greek Yoghurt (omit if lactose intolerant)
- Milk (Skim – I replaced with almond milk – you could use soy or other type of milk you enjoy)
- Chia Seeds
Throw the main ingredients in a jar with some fruity flavor combinations & let sit over night in the refrigerator to absorb and soften.
Mango Almond: Flavoured with mango, honey & almond extract
Blueberry Maple: Flavoured with maple syrup and fresh blueberries.
Apple Cinnamon: Flavoured with apple sacue, cinnamon and honey
Banana Cocoa: Flavoured with banana, cocoa powder and honey
Vanilla Raspberry: Flavoured with vanilla essence, honey & fresh raspberries
Some preparation tips:
- You could use whatever season fruit you had – try experimenting with a few combinations.
- You could try to add a scoop of protein powder
What are Chia Seeds: They are a species of flowering plant in the mint family, native to central and south Mexico and Guatemala. Chia is grown commercially for its seed, which is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. The seeds are hydrophilic, absorbing up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked. Due to this, they promote Satiety, the feeling of being full and satisfied which lowers food cravings between meals. Excellent source of fibre. Gluten Free,