Posted on | May 25, 2012 | No Comments
I’m really proud of my MUM for signing up to The Healthy Heart Challenge in Australia. This is part of the Heart Foundation Go Red for Women campaign to help raise awareness that heart disease, which is the No. 1 killer of Australian women.
There are four goals to choose from in the Healthy Heart Challenge:
- Lower high cholesterol levels
- Lower high blood pressure
- Be active everyday
- Improve everyday nutrition
The six week online Challenge is free and runs from 4 June until 15 July.
Last year, more than 17,000 women took part, achieving some fantastic results. Of those surveyed three months afterwards:
- 85% increased their physical activity
- 70% lost weight
- 53% lowered their high cholesterol levels
- 51% lowered their blood pressure
Hopefully more women in Australia will take part in this challenge! I look forward to tracking my mum’s progress and sharing the results with you.
Find out more at this link: THE HEALTHY HEART CHALLENGE – AUSTRALIA