Posted on | January 6, 2014 | No Comments
I took a look back at last years NY resolutions and wanted to give you an update of how I went:
Year 2013 resolutions:
1. The year of the Chin Up: Work towards doing at least 1 chin up (how… consistent weights program at the gym)
What really happened: Nope……. No Chin up and very inconsistent weights at the gym. I must say though… I technically didn’t even attempt to try to do a chin-up, so I actually don’t really know. I do always go to they gym regularly, but I mainly like to run 5km every lunch. So I wasn’t lazy, I just wasn’t doing weights….
2. Complete a Aquathon: Registered and training for my first triathlon in February (actually it’s only a swim + run so they can it Aquathon).
What really happened: I trained really hard, I was swimming most evenings (when the pool wasn’t closed due a thunderstorm) and running a lot. I was completely prepared. And then, unfortunately tragedy struck. A few days before the event, one of my closest friends had a terrible accident and died. And doing an Aquathon was the last thing on my mind, so I missed out on doing this.
However, later in the year I did take part in the Cold Storage Triathlon (in the team event with friends) and did the 10km run. So……… I think this goal had 50% success.
3. 51 kg by October: Can’t wait to be bridesmaid for my best friend in October.
What really happened: Oh my god I SMASHED this goal to pieces. I ate clean and exercised regularly for 2 months prior and dropped down to 49kg for the wedding. I looked and felt great. And the wedding was the best wedding I’ve ever been to. And the bride was oh so beautiful.
4. Save Money: This is underway… opened a new savings only account today!
What really happened: YEP – SMASHING this goal as well. Personal savings account and additional ‘holiday’ savings account.
5. Broaden my cooking repertoire: It’s too easy to have the same old recipes on repeat.
What really happened: Well I bought many new cookbooks… however, I am a lucky girl and we now have a helper (as of April 2013), and she is the best cook ever. So, I am eating many new recipes, just not cooking them myself.
6. Keep my herb garden alive.
What really happened: I am still failing at this. My boyfriend calls my herb garden my “Herb Graveyard”. He’s so mean. I do manage to keep Pandan, Kaffar Lime Leaf and Indian Basil stuff alive… But all the rest lasts only a few weeks. I think I’m going to swap to flowers instead.
Looking back…….. I’m pretty happy with my achievements of the goals I set for 2013…. How did you all go?