Posted on | April 6, 2010 | No Comments
Here is another easy to make, healthy, low fat meal. Best of all – they freeze well. Enjoy!!
650g buying online lean beef mince
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 x green onions (shallots), chopped
2 x tablespoons chopped oregano (dried is ok to use if you can’t find fresh)
2 x garlic cloves, chopped
2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
½ cup chicken stock
½ teaspoon Basil or 8 fresh basil leaves
How to make:
1. Place beef mince, breadcrumbs, green onion, oregano and garlic in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper slightly. Mix well to combine.
2. Roll mixture into 12 balls. Place meatballs on a tray lined with baking paper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Combine tomatoes, chicken stock and basil into large frying pan. Bring slowly to the boil over medium heat.
4. Place meatballs into tomato mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
5. Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.